That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My citrine faded...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmogal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: My citrine faded... Reply with quote

Hi, I have bought some crystal Citrine, it yellow color faded as time goes by, I wonder if it is fake crystal...anyone knows about this? Rolling Eyes
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Crytals fading Reply with quote

Hi Cosmogal,

Many crystals will fade in sunlight and others will darken. Remember that they (most) come from deep within the earth and it is dark down there so any light, especially strong light is the opposite of where they were formed.

Without seeing a photo, I can not say if your crystal is fake. Normally, the Citrine most people know as Citrine is heat treated. Amethyst fades in the sun, Smoky can darken. I have not put a natural Citrine out in the sun. It is long term exposure that causes the changes...

Just to be safe, keep your crystals out of the sun, they will last longer.

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
cosmogal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. Idea Yup, I have always put crystal under the sun and it begin fading to white! At first, I have the feeling that it must be some fake crystal, however some people said that the crystal has absorbed all the negative energies and is 'dead'!! Anyway, I have two types of citrine, one is a dark yellow citrine and the other one is light yellowish-white citrine. Don't know why, I tend to like the dark yellow citrine more and do not want it to fade to white. This time, I am going to keep the citrine under shade this time. Razz Smile
carole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good advice. I think sun may destroy every kind of gemstone. Just keep it away from it.
peaceandkarma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to charge your crystals using sunlight, it is best to use early morning or late afternoon sunlight, as the sun will not be at its strongest at these times and this will hopefully protect your crystals.
NewAgeStones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also possible that your citrine may have been dyed. I have both natural citrine and the kind that comes from heat-treating amethyst that sit by sunny windows, and neither of them have faded. Sunlight doesn't destroy stones, but it can cause some (like kunzite) to fade. Even if a crystal's color fades it doesn't diminish it's potential energy. Citrine is one of those rare stones that never needs "cleansing", as it grounds negative energies so efficiently. But if you envision that a crystal is "dead" then that is most likely what it will manifest for you. Try burying your stone in the earth for a while if you feel it needs to be recharged, and honor the spirit that lives within the stone.
WizardOfTheStone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying this fact for years.. The sun can and will fade your crystals and minerals.. yet no one every listen to me.. Never place them in the sun light for any reason.. Nor would I cleans them in any type of salt or salted solution..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: