That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Guide: Crystal & Mineral Cleansing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: How do I clean my crystals? Reply with quote

I get asked this question alot.

There are many techniques, for want of a word, out there... some are totally groovy and others, I feel are left wanting.

So the groovy ones... Nothing beats a Full Moon bath. All your crystals can handle this technique, you dont have to worry about solubility etc. Your crystals go out in the evening and you leave them overnight, they will lap up the soothing, cleansing and reformative qualities that come from the moons rays and in the morning you bring them inside and they are ready to go.

2nd choice for me is Water. A loving waterfall bath, just letting the water run over your crystals (some not all, water can remove crystals polish and dissolve certain crystals) will see them cleansed and revitalised within a few minutes. I usually add the intention while the water flows that they are cleansed and balanced, filled with Divine Light and Love and activated to their full potential. You get a sense of when they are ready to get to work.

3rd choice is sage. It is easy to do, light a piece, wait until it burns out and run the smoldering embers around your crystals and you are done... Only thing is some people cant handle the smoke, which is fair enough.

4th is Selenite. Great if you have no time. Place the crystal you want cleansed or zooped up on or next to a piece of Selenite and leave it for a while (depending on how dirty your crystal is). Youll get a sense of when its ready. Now I have seen Selenite sacrifice its glorious, luminous nature to take the darker energies from crystals, never to be the same. So please use a piece that wont break your heart if it changes. I use a big log, a sheet of Selenite and a tower. Depending on the size and shape of the crysta;s I need to charge.

5th choice is creative visualisation - seeing white light acting as a cleansing agent, a waterfall or column of light and all energies not of the crystal being released and then the crystal charging up under the light. Again you get a sense of when the crystal is ready.

I keep our tumbled stones in rice, which also keeps them clean Idea

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
Crystal Spirits

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like smudging everything and I always have selenite near my large groups of crystals. I do have a box with a crystal grid in it that was given to me by my crystals and they seem to enjoy it very much, very good for puting the jewellry in at the end of the day!
My fav thing at the moment is Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls. They just blow everything unwanted to pieces and then transmute the energy.
Blessings
Leesa
Crystal Spirits

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
If you are interested in getting a singing bowl I sell them from my blog. There is a link in my signature.
Blessing
Leesa
ajacrystal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! i've used that short sut cleanse (intend and blow) often, but there's nothing like a good rock salt burial and wash! i tried seawater too but i don't think it's as powerful however it is probably fun for them!

the singing bowls are amazing! they freak me out sometimes cos the building tones and cancellations in the harmonics (go physics) really hook into the body's energy and strecth it around (oh, well that's my take on it hehheh). The first time i heard them they made me feel sick but not now.

aja (oh gosh, it's fri nite - i really oughta get a life:) )
Rainbow3721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Using plastic or metal in the clearing process? Reply with quote

I've read that to clear your stone do not use plastic or metal containers, but I use the plastic bag that my sage came in for a dry smokeless way of clearing of my stones. Also a friend of mine stores all her stones in plastic containers. And I leave my stones in the plastic bags they came in. Does this have any effect on stones? I am full of questions, so there will be more posts Laughing

Last edited by Rainbow3721 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainbow3721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Which stones including Selenite clear other stones? Reply with quote

I've read that Jade(Nephrite), Selenite, and Carnelian have energetic clearing properties, and are useful to keep with other stones.
Rhodizite, Kyanite, Amethyst, Azeztulite, Jade(Nephrite), Selenite, and Carnelian are gemstones that continually clear them selves. I imagine that crystal clusters do also.

My Question is: If I place any off these stones on or touching another kind of stone that is not mentioned. Will each and any one of these stones clear the other stone?

If not which stones will clear other stones?

I also read on the net that if you clear a stone with crystal clusters you need to clear those crystal clusters every so often.

Last edited by Rainbow3721 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainbow3721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: How often need I clear my clearing stones. Reply with quote

If Rhodizite, Kyanite, Amethyst, Azeztulite, Jade(Nephrite), Selenite, Carnelian, and clusters clear other stones. How often do I need to clear these clearing stones after their use?
Rainbow3721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Do I need to clear stones that clear themselves? Reply with quote

Rhodizite, Kyanite, Amethyst, Azeztulite, Jade(Nephrite), Selenite, and Carnelian are gemstones that continually clear them selves. When I use these stones to heal myself/others. Need I clear them afterward?
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Storing Crystals Reply with quote

Hi Darlene,

You are indeed full of questions - that is good!
My first response is go with your gut. Sometimes you will move your stones around and put different ones togehter and put them on a shelf or by your bed side table... This is your guidance telling you you need to working with certain stones for all the desires you are sending out... You know what is best for you.

Sometimes you will have stones in a plastic container or bag and never think of them, other times you feel the need to move them - that too is your guidance/the crystals seeking more suitable accommodation.

I keep most of my crystals out or in egg cartons. I have tumbled stones in fishing tackle boxes, but they are filled with rice for them to rest in.

Glass is mostly quartz based so people tend towards it for elixirs etc, Metals contain their own energetic as do plastics. Some people are particular about each, but underneath it all is the same creative power.

So whatever you choose, should your crystals be unhappy about it... you will move them, without a 'conscious' reason... the universe has got your back and works for the highest good of all - on that note - Enjoy your crystals!

TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Clearing, Clearing, Clearing! Reply with quote

Hi Darlene,

I find of the clearing stones you mentioned most would need a cleanse or recharge. Some you will notice, change colour, lose their sparkle or feel dirty or heavy, then they are definitely in need of a shower, so to speak.

Stones of a higher vibration like Azeztulite are pretty robust and can over ride most lower frequencies, Selenites structure and energetics are set to flow so it doesnt need to be cleared. Amethyst I would clean, not immediately but it is one you will notice the changes in.

The rest you mentioned, I would clean if you notice changes. This doesnt have to be anymore than a morning sun bath, a rinse under running water, or an over night moon bath. They will be sparkling and filled with light again.

I have many stones, everywhere and they arent dirty by association... when its all too much, stick to Selenite, the Sun, Moon or water.

Rainbow3721

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Thank You!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you so much for your response's Rebecca. I continue to learn more from every visit to "That Crystal Site". So much to read so little time...
peaceandkarma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that some people use a bowl of salt to cleanse their Crystals in as salt is nature antiseptic.
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read this about salt too - I know what salt does to my skin after I have been to the beach and even if I eat something too salty... I am doing my best to rehydrate for hours afterwards.

With too much mixed advice on salt usage... anything for resting in top of salt to immersing in a solution of salt.

Salt can do disasterous things to the surface of a crystal, especially if soaked in a solution as some recommend. Many crystals can take it, but many cant, being formed of water the crystals are just ruined afterwards. While salt can clear the auric field, the structure can be compromised...I love my crystals too much, so I tend to leave it off the list altogether as there are many other less confusing ways to go.

But that is just me Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: