That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What brought you to the world of crystals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why do you like crystals?
Beauty
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Energy
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Healing
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: What brought you to the world of crystals? Reply with quote

I am always interested to hear what the reason was that people were initially drawn to crystals.

Were you given some as a child or perhaps as a gift? Did you see one in a museum or shop window that just amazed you?

I would love to hear your stories Very Happy

I had 2 encounters that always fill my mind with that time warp sensation when everything goes really slowly and light just fills you and you go 'yeah... this is magic!'

The first is my grandparents neighbour, an opal miner, who let me rummage through his buckets of dirty water to pull my first opal, which I still have - it isnt flash but I do love it so.

The second is my neighbour, a few doors down, the late Albert Chapman whose collection now resides in the Australian museum and represents the wrold finest collection of Australian minerals. It is in fact a hard act to follow... he had drawers full of gems that would make your jaw drop and heart sing... moments of bliss were felt in anticipation of what was inside the next drawer... I was in Heaven! And it has been a love affair that has lasted a lifetime!

How about you? Any crystal love stories?

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
Holly Blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebecca

As a kid I always wanted to find something shiny by the river or on the beach, I would break open the rocks in our garden to try and find the "glassy ones". I have always loved crystals but for years ,(mum always had a few around, she loves amethyst),I could never be in a crystal shop, because I always found the vibrations too overwhelming (probably too scary), but was very drawn to them. It wasent until a couple of years ago when I was at a healing show I picked up a lovely tumbled piece of Blue Lace Agate, and felt the overwhelming urge to cry. (Obviously I needed to work with it escpecially around my throat chakra), Needless to say i bought that piece and a lovely big Shiva Lingham that I couldnt put down. It was a beginning like "ok Ive had enough time mucking around, time to get to work" What ever that work is, just the truth of being, crystals are wonderful facilitators. I couldnt ignore the energy of these times or the energy of crystals anymore. And now Im a crystal nut lol.
helloally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my early teens i was given an opal necklace and whilst i found it "pretty" i just couldnt bear it and still cant touch them. i dont however know why i just know that i cant look at it or touch it. i get a shiver as soon as someone in a conversation says "ooohh i just love opals" ..wierd there is a reason but im not sure what atm.
Ive always loved crystals however it wasnt until a friend of my daughters was so "into them" that my heart literally lept when she spoke of them and so it began......
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Holly Blue

Its a funny thing how they can just move you to tears or create some physical or other emotinal response... I think now part of the reason I was alright with most of them is that I started out with lots of small cabochons in many stones and I used to line them up and make patterns with them. I guess they couldnt really overwhelm me and I just loved them.

Well so pleased you are a nut now : )
Welcome!!
Its fun having rocks in your head Very Happy

Enjoy your sleep

TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helloally,

Opals are a funny stone, they are really a different energy and I often have the same response - especially when set in jewellery... it just rubs me the wrong way. I have a piece,all milky, no real flash from when I was young and I find its energy soothing and gentle.

But I have to say if ever you get the chance to see a black jelly opal you might just change you mind!! I would almost sell a kidney (and need too as they are soo expensive) to have such a thing of beauty in my hands... I dont think I could ever put it down. Its like Aurora Borealis with its light play shifting across a dark sky - just stunning.

But luckily there are sooo many other beauties that we can probably leave opal aside Wink without too much remorse.

Holly Blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rebecca Crystals and Nuts do go together. I agree with you and Helloally, Opals are the one stone I dont have any of. Probably initially due to Old wives tales about them, but theyve never drawn me. Ive tried to look at getting some blue or pink ones, but they didnt want to come home with me either. Interesting a.
earthgem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, found this site earlier today and thought this an appropriate place as any to introduce myself.
I am Linda, single mum to 3, I live just outside Grafton NSW so I am neighbour to a few of you.
It is hard to say when my love of crystals really began, even as a child I was always walking around looking down at all the rocks on the ground searching for that special gem.
I lost that for a period of time, probably at a time when I needed it most but that's how things go sometimes.
My interest was rekindled a few years ago when a lady recommended some stones for my autistic son, she gave us some and a list of others to find and it has snowballed to the point where some absolutely awesome crystals have called my place home. I truly believe they find where they want to be.
I also wheel and deal to a point, I do market stalls and crystals are one of the ranges I carry from natural crystals to jewellery, along with a host of other goodies, even what I sell I find I haven't chased it up so to speak, I have a lovely assortment of points at the moment which I came across by chance looking at something totally different, the guy pulled them out from under his counter and said that he had been waiting for someone like me to give them to. Other stuff I have been given or traded for other things
I fossick and I am trying to pursuade my partner to hurry up and build a tumbler and polisher as I have some really nice smokey quartz that I would love to clean up more to watch the process of something while beautiful in it's natural state be transformed into a polished, glossy piece. I love just wandering up and down the beach finding stones, the kids get really excited when we find agates and the fish tanks while they have no fish are full of stones
My partner and I have just been to Lightening Ridge, we didn't really go out for the opals as I am not that fussed on them, we ride motorbikes and it was more just an excuse for a long ride, and I think like a few of you guys the bright flashy opals have never done anything for me but I really like the pale colourless (worthless too apparently) pieces and was really excited when I found some while scratching around on the waste dumps.
Holly Blue if you got this far what is the old wives tales regarding opals?

If you got this far thankyou and Howdy to you all
Linda
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Hi Linda,

I got this far - welcome and thank you for sharing of yourself and your life!
I often wonder if all kids look down looking for something to catch their attention, special rocks in our cases, or just something different?

I still look down alot and often have to tell myself to look up and see the action! I also like the pale opals : )

Its great when you find special treasures from under the counter! And you are among several locals who are down your way, must be something in the air in Grafton! I just love it - you are close enough I guess to lots of places where rocks are being dug up.

If you'd like to join our new social network site for crystal lovers - its at thatcrystalsite.ning.com you can add photos of your finds and special friends and ask and answer questions in there are 81 members in there and 200 or so photos of peoples crystals.

Again Thank you for sharing - I know you have your hands full so really apreciate you taking the time to write to us all.

All the best to you!

angelite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was about 10years old I kept having dreams that kept coming true (precognitive dreams) & I told a family member about my dreams & they took me to a crystal shop & I spoke to the lady there cause I was having trouble remembering the full dreams & she gave me an amythest to put under my pillow at night when I went to sleep & thats where my love for crystals began.
Niya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: What Drew Me To crystals Reply with quote

Hello,

First of all I design and make jewelry I am a glass artist and I make glass lampwork beads. I use gemstones with glass beads to make beautiful jewelry. So, I have been into gemstones for some time now. I am a native woman and I have been given the gift of Reiki which I use all the time. Oneday I was smudging and the grandmothers came to me and told me to learn about crystals and that I was to use them for healing and with my Reiki. So, I bought some books and crystals and have been reading and learning all about them. I am really drawn to their energy and healing ability, and especially their energy combined with Reiki energy is totally awesome! What a wonderful healing combination. I suggest it for anyone! Niya
jimmyjangles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, my crystal journey began just over 4 years ago at a Christmas market in Kingston-upon-Thames, just out of London. I recall putting my arm out over the table to and it just moved itself to the right and stopped over a polished selenite wand.(If only all shopping was so easy!!)The cash was exchanged and my life took a very different path after that day. These days crystals are a major part of my life and I kind of feel naked if I'm not carrying one-or several!!

regards, james
fern73

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: how did i get intrested in crystals Reply with quote

Razz
the first crystal i brout is a clear quartz, thats about 11 centermeters long its just beautifule i fell in love after that, and now collected them and have some for spiritual use.
i get so excitted when i see new crstals and have just started to going to crystal fairs and done a little fosakin its all fun and excitting stuff.
peaceandkarma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got interested in Crystals as a result from being stressed out at my former employment. I used them to unwind, and it worked.
WizardOfTheStone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Missed One.. I was simply thrown into it by accident.. I was asked to help a youth group on an outing at the local nature center. Hiking into the forest just after a bad storm lead us to a new world of minerals and crystals. So in my case, "I stumbled Upon" minerals and crystals.. literally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: