That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salt Lamps and crystals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Salt Lamps and crystals Reply with quote

[b] Hi! I am "new" to the crystal world and just starting my collection. Or rather it seems that crystals are just finding me. Laughing I wonder if forum members have an opinion on the possible impact of Salt Lamps on crystals. I have a salt lamp in my office, with two small flourite crystals on my desk about two feet away. There must be some impact - good, bad or I am not sure. What do other people feel? thanks Julie
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Salt Lamps Reply with quote

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the forum and world of Crystals!
Though I do not have a salt lamp, I do know that Fluroite is physically partial to its environment. That is humidity can take a polished stone and turn it matte, as can a Salt bath or any bath for that matter if you leave it in a while.

I am always careful with stones that have the lower end of the Moh's hardness scale - of say 4 and under as they are more susceptible to the world outside their underground safe cocoon they came from.

This is more of a physical response, not sure of the energetic - Salt can be cleansing, but I am not a Salt cleansing person, I feel it is too harse for most crystals.

Not much help am I ?? Go with your gut... one day you just might feel the need to move them, thats a good sign they have had enough or they might really love it and ask you to move them closer. Its all balanced in the end.

Enjoy!!

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
peaceandkarma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Salt Tea Light holder which I really love. It seems to calm me when a lite tea light is in it too.
NewAgeStones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salt naturally attracts airborne moisture. Depending on the size of the salt lamp, how much heat is generated by the light source, and how much humidity is in the air, a salt lamp will emit low levels of negative ions as it releases moisture back into the air. Negative ions are associated with a state of well-being. I keep salt lamps in several rooms of my home, including my healing room where I keep most of my crystals.

While crystals have their own unique vibrations and energies, how they interact is often determined by our intentions. In this regard, crystals are tools that can be programmed by our thoughts to perform many functions. When you place crystals on your desk, what are you desiring to create? Fluorite is a good stone for protection from mental manipulation - perhaps the two crystals serve as a barrier to unwanted energies? Fluorite is also good for reducing electromagnetic stress from computers. It's energies lend itself well to stabilizing, integrating and organizing, a very good stone for anyone's work space. There is a reason why you were drawn toward these particular stones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: