That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to crystals and need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: new to crystals and need help Reply with quote

Hi my name is wally i am a newbie, and interested in crystals, and i am as raw as anything about them.. there are so many questions i have about them.. i have a few.. i dont know if they work or not..the ones i have rose quartz, clear quartz.. green adventurine, and malachite.. i would also like to know the meaning of the words etheric body,third eye and awakehing the third eye.. spirit guides who are they, and the higher self how is it.. i could keep going, but i guess that will do for now.. if there is some one out there that would like to email me and help me get a handle of crystals and how they work, and what they do.. i would really appriciate it..

thank you wally
Soda-light

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work, you just have to trust that. Sometimes--well, often, it is at a level that we are not aware of, but it works just the same. It's kind of like electricity- I haven't the foggiest notion of how it works, all I know is that when I flip a switch the power comes on, and will come on regardless of whether I believe in it or not; and that it doesn't matter that I don't know how it works, all I need to know is where the power button is!

I'm guessing from your questions that you have a book on crystals that talks about certain crystals helping with the etheric body, or opening the third eye, or the 3rd eye chakra. There is plenty of info on that in books and on the net, you can google them and get loads.

In brief:

etheric body: is your magnetic field, it extends out from you about arms length. It is a sort of energetic double of your physical body

third eye: is a chakra, an energy center (we have 7 in our physical bodies) this one is located on your forhead, between and slightly above your eyebrows. To open the 3rd eye is to be able to "see" (not necessarily visual, like physical sight) the larger picture and deeper meanings in any given situation.

spirit guides: angels to some, non-physical beings who assist us on the earth, or can be animal totems

higher self: is the eternal spark of God within you. Also known as instinct. Have you ever known something but didn't know how you knew it? That was your higher self. It's that small voice inside of you that you know you should have listened to, LOL!

But what I would do, just starting out, is to work with the stones at a more basic level. Pick a stone and just carry it in your pocket and just sort of mentally tune in to how you are feeling, what kinds of events happen, things like that, then at the end of the day check in with your book and see if any of it matches up to what you observed. Found some money in the street? Must be your green aventurine day!

Got any aches or pains in your joints or back? Try laying a piece of malachite on it for a while and see what happens!
wally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: thanks soda-light Reply with quote

Soda-light wrote:
They work, you just have to trust that. Sometimes--well, often, it is at a level that we are not aware of, but it works just the same. It's kind of like electricity- I haven't the foggiest notion of how it works, all I know is that when I flip a switch the power comes on, and will come on regardless of whether I believe in it or not; and that it doesn't matter that I don't know how it works, all I need to know is where the power button is!

I'm guessing from your questions that you have a book on crystals that talks about certain crystals helping with the etheric body, or opening the third eye, or the 3rd eye chakra. There is plenty of info on that in books and on the net, you can google them and get loads.

In brief:

etheric body: is your magnetic field, it extends out from you about arms length. It is a sort of energetic double of your physical body

third eye: is a chakra, an energy center (we have 7 in our physical bodies) this one is located on your forhead, between and slightly above your eyebrows. To open the 3rd eye is to be able to "see" (not necessarily visual, like physical sight) the larger picture and deeper meanings in any given situation.

spirit guides: angels to some, non-physical beings who assist us on the earth, or can be animal totems

higher self: is the eternal spark of God within you. Also known as instinct. Have you ever known something but didn't know how you knew it? That was your higher self. It's that small voice inside of you that you know you should have listened to, LOL!

But what I would do, just starting out, is to work with the stones at a more basic level. Pick a stone and just carry it in your pocket and just sort of mentally tune in to how you are feeling, what kinds of events happen, things like that, then at the end of the day check in with your book and see if any of it matches up to what you observed. Found some money in the street? Must be your green aventurine day!

Got any aches or pains in your joints or back? Try laying a piece of malachite on it for a while and see what happens!
[/quote] thanks soda-light, will try and see what happens, havent any green adventurine, hopefully will find some money.. thanks again.. wally
Blaze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else to keep in mind: stones/crystals don't all work the same way for everyone. So, for example, your book might say that rose quartz inspires love. But you might find that, for you, rose quartz makes you feel agitated or something like that. For another example, I know lots of people who find malachite and hematite both to be very soothing and grounding, but I don't like either. They both feel sort of slimy to me and make me feel uncomfortable.

Also, not every specimen of the same kind of stone will work the same way. For example, rose quartz might be good -- in general -- for encouraging loving feelings, but a specific piece of rose quartz might not work that way, or might be more or less powerful or energetic than another piece, or just might not want to work that way that day.

Basically, you need to pay attention to how YOU feel when you're carrying specific stones. Over time, you'll learn what works for you and what doesn't and you'll develop favorite kinds of stones and "best friends".

~Blaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: