That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petalite problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassHeart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Petalite problems Reply with quote

I have no experience with crystals or stones but I bought a petalite pendant because i red that it has a calming effect on anxiety

I cleaned it in sea salt over night and then gave it a couple of hours under moon light the next night

I put it on a string and wore it around my neck during sleep ....next day i felt very tight chested and anxious

Gave it another go the next night and woke up at 3 am, again, feeling agitated and tight chested ...I lay there not being able to calm down or sleep..... I removed the pendant and dabbed some St Germain oil over my chest and forehead and almost immediately my body felt relaxed

Why would this stone have the opposite effect on me as to what its supposed to do?
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Opposite effects Reply with quote

Hi GlassHeart,

You cleansed the crystal which is the first thing that comes to mind - I would run it through tap water for a few minutes and send it white light and ask it to be cleared and activated to its full potential, filled with divine light and love and then give it a try. It could be really dirty.

or

I find that should there be an issue at hand, one you might not even realise is there, then a stone as powerful at drawing energy through it, like Petalite, can highlight something to be cleared.

Also bear in mind that just because a book says a stone will do such and such, doesnt mean it will for everyone... There are some stones said to be or do things and I get no response at all from. I know other customers of mine also agree that some of the descriptions really dont do what they were meant to.

Reasons can be wide and varied. For example, I have a block and dont want to see it - so it doesnt work, Or, I am around them so much, their effect isnt felt. Or like you or I, each of us is an individual and maybe that crystal doesnt have that quality as its dominant quality. For example say we both might be Australian and come from Sydney but you could be white and I could be black and our lives completely different and so our energy is different, even though by title/category, we are the same. Even if you think about you and your neighbours - how different are you? Crystals are the same, just because they might grow side by side doesnt mean they cant give off very different energy.

I would cleanse your crystal again. I would try it again. Petalite is an energiser and it does draw to it what surround it to move through it be cleansed and transformed - if your environment isnt cleansed it might be sucking that in too. There could be a few reasons...

Do you know for sure its petalite?? That could be another possibility.

Do a space cleanse, a crystal cleanse, try again or dont wear it - hold it and if the problem persists if you arent willing to ride through it and see whats on the other side. Put it away for a while and when your energy has changed a bit try again.

Hope this helps!!

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote this in another string that might help

mething else to keep in mind: stones/crystals don't all work the same way for everyone. So, for example, your book might say that rose quartz inspires love. But you might find that, for you, rose quartz makes you feel agitated or something like that. For another example, I know lots of people who find malachite and hematite both to be very soothing and grounding, but I don't like either. They both feel sort of slimy to me and make me feel uncomfortable.

Also, not every specimen of the same kind of stone will work the same way. For example, rose quartz might be good -- in general -- for encouraging loving feelings, but a specific piece of rose quartz might not work that way, or might be more or less powerful or energetic than another piece, or just might not want to work that way that day.

Basically, you need to pay attention to how YOU feel when you're carrying specific stones. Over time, you'll learn what works for you and what doesn't and you'll develop favorite kinds of stones and "best friends".

~Blaze

spirittrader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink petalite is one of my fave crystals, and i have found that it connects with angels and rather than emboying physical love embues a higher self perspective - lifting the senses out of 3d into higher realms.

i adore pink petalite, a beautiful crystal to sleep with and a much calmer and tranquil energy than the white petalite.

though i'm wearing a clear white petalite pendant today, and have been doing so for a few days as it helps clear negative energy for me and helps me connect with spirit.

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel-san, not mine:
Mr. Kesuke Miyagi.
GlassHeart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know much about my third eye but i'll just have to keep it shut for now. My experience with this rock is kind of like having all the atoms in my body vibrate and not in a good way. It's kind of nightmarish. I could hear blood curdling tormented screams. I remember feeling like i was suspended in darkness with energy pulsing through me. I thought to myself i could try to release some of the energy through my hands and i felt my arms vibrating as I imagined electricity zapping out of them. But I didnt have stamina to continue with that train of thought. I woke up and removed the stone and it took most of the next day to calm my nerves.

On the up side, i'm an open minded skeptic. I dont believe anything until i've experienced it myself and I sure as hell believe that the three times i've slept with this stone, the negative experience has been real and not just something i've conjured up.

Since then i've bought citrine, blue quatz, clear quartz, fire agate. pink quartz. Lithium quartz ....none of these has affected me in any discernible way that would satisfy a skeptical mind. But i guess as symbols of positive thinking they are worthwhile.

If i could find something that affected me to the same extent as the petalite, but in a completely positive way, I imagine that would be something pretty life changing.
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glassheart,

I have been thinking about your petalite experience... and the nature of petalite is to create a vortex of energy, normally attractive meaning it draws stuff to it.

Try wearing it outside in a park or somewhere not enclosed and away from electromagnetic stuff, like the city, electric cables, phone towers etc... a park under a tree, the beach, somewhere with an expanse of nature and it will suck that into its vortex.

Where do you live?? In an apartment? or house? Try clearing your space first, using a smudge stick is the easiest if you are skeptical. I wont try to get you to do other things that you might consider woo woo.

Most things wont effect you in momunementous ways... and some, as you have experienced, will. I always liken crystals to people. 6 billion people on the planet - youll never know them all. Influencial people are known via the media, some can effect your life, but probably not in a major way, unless you meet them or study them. How many people are in your country, how many in your city and pass you by and youll never even know they exist. Then as your world gets smaller, youll have people that turn your life up side down, people who you love, people who make you feel good, people who make you feel terrible, people who drive you nuts, people you meet and can not remember their name, people who look at you and say nothing and you remember them your whole life.

Crystals are the same. Some are said to be pure magic in the media and life changing etc, but you get nothing more than hype from them, this can change if you work with them, but it could also be there is no connection. Some will be your special friends, some will be the friend that drives you nuts, some will have no effect on you, others will appear daily and you cant remember their name, some make you cry, others fill you with joy.

And to make it even more complicated, just because one petalite makes you nuts, doesnt mean the next one will. Its personal, just as you might be American, Caucasian, middle class, educated, married, self employed and living in Miami... how many others in Miami are also this profile and yet how different are they... it comes down to the energy in each person or crystal.

What one person gets from a stone and another does can be entirely different. I could go on and on. I would love to tell you - buy this crystal and feel this, but it is no guarantee, though you might get the 'designated response'. SO many factors, as mentioned above and it then depends on if you are actually attuning yourself with the crystal, or just sticking it in your pocket. Attuning with it (sitting with it or meditating with it) will give you more of a response than just sticking it in your pocket.

The other stones you have mentioned are not the super fast ones, but petalite, on the other hand, is one of the ascension stones. The others which have similar speed to them as the petalite (which means most people can feel them as they vibrate faster) are noted in 'the book of stone' as 'the synergy 12' are Satyaloka Quartz TM, Moldavite, Phenacite, Brookite, Danburite, Azeztulite, Natrolite, Herderite, Scolecite, Tanzanite, Petalite and Tibetan Tektite might also give you a kick energetically. There are others like Rhodizite which are also incredibly buzzy. Having said all this, I personally get nothing from Herderite of Natrolite. Moldavite gives me a headache initially, not the ideal response either.

There is so much Tibetan Tektite on the market that isnt Tibetan Tektite, its hard to get the magic proclaimed. There is new Azeztulite and Satyalokas on the market which feel nothing like the original also... so I cant even give you a definitive 'these will work'.

I do know form experience, you will find one that will give you the positive, especially if you seek it. Try your lithium quartz when you are ultra moody and it will chill you out... thats a blessing when you are just too beside yourself. Try smoky quartz when you are feeling like the world is knocking you about and it will soothe you and keep the outside at bay. Try Rose Quartz when you need a hug. Hematite or garnet for clean energy to get the job done. These things might not be monumental but they are noticable.

Relaxation is the key too to experiencing crystals energy. Often we put our own expectations on things which actually inhibits our experience as we say it needs to come this way, this is what the book said. let a crystal show you its gift for you (which might be different for another) is part of the experience. Know your highest good is always the order with crystals, know they are about balance and harmony and in knowing this you can relax. If when you start to work with a crystal you ground yourself, place yourself in a healing or stable grid of protection - no harm can come to you, for what you put out you will get back. Make no room for fear, only for clarity, harmony, understanding - or whatever your intention. Love is what created crystals and you. Go with that knowledge and you will find what you seek and it might well be hidden in the stones you have already drawn into your life.

Hope this helps now I have chewed your ear off a bit.

GlassHeart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rebecca for your detailed reply. My experience definitely felt like some kind of vortex. Very similar to the nervous energy of an anxiety attack but magnified ten fold. If it had my best interests at heart i guess it was tough love.

I live in a suburb in Australia not too far from the beach. It's a house. There are ordinary power lines in the street but nothing of the monumental kind near by. I could try it down at the beach. It seems that it is most powerful when I'm sleeping. I'm not sure i can achieve that level of receptiveness just through meditating as my conscious mind is mischievous and hates participating. Even at funerals it conjures up inappropriate thoughts. But I'll do my best.

I'll look into those other rocks you mentioned. For my kind of mind set i think i need the big bang for your buck kind of reaction otherwise it all seems too similar to the mundane psychology of positive thinking. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that you dont need a rock to chant affirmations.

apologies if my sentiments don't sound particularly enlightened. i know there's negative energy in me and maybe that was the problem in the first place and not the rock at all. maybe if i forced my self to wear it for a week it would be something akin to a heroin addict drying out - incredibly painful but worth it in the end....I'm not actually gonna try that as i don't have the balls. But if i find an awesome rock one day i'll definitely relay the experience
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Tough Love Reply with quote

My pleasure on the reply...

You know you say tough love... I have a couple of crystal friends - I call my ball breakers... one in particular, is the tough loving, ball breaking Queen... she is my Super 7.

I had a truly emotional situation confront me and I was really overwhelmed by it.. I could not believe it in fact. You know all the law of attraction stuff, you create your own reality... well, I was so bold and naive as to ask - how the bleep did I create this!!

I meant it, but I was not really focused or even thinking there was anywhere to go with it... however, I put on my Super 7 necklace, which I had not worn and it worked on me at night, every night, between 11pm and 4 am for 4 1/2 months until I knew how I had created it. It worked on me when I had no choice but to pay attention. It showed me every thought, emotion, experience right back until the firm decision I remember making as a child that I would in fact live this way in order to feel safe and survive this messed up world. I was 3 when I made that decision and every single decision I made, my whole life, was based on that moment.

You see, I too am like you, my mind is full of distractions, that pull you everywhere so you arent present to really seeing or feeling... but at this time in our evolution - things are a changing and what is hidden can no longer be. As the energy around us picks up the pace, so does our mind... and I know you are not fully believing in all this, but let me just say - if the energy around werent speeding up, speedy drinks like red bull would not be so darn popular. We feel it energetically but our energy is bogged down with old stories so we try to keep up physically... it is our energy that wants to flow into the new.

I know I sound like a basket case, hippie, new ager... but I am a simple girl really. I have spent many years chasing the elusive 'enlightenment', learning all I could about any subject and not actioning any because I was overwhelmed into apathy. I totally get where you are at, and I do not doubt the power in you that has magnetised you to such a stone. I know that you have landed in here to, not by accident, but by your seeking to find an answer that only you know. The beauty of all of it, is that you are both the questioner and the answerer.

So you are totally right, you dont need any rock to do anything... in fact, you are the only power in you... even you can choose not to work with the petalite. That is your true and only power... your choice. And you dont need rocks, they are there as energy balancers, beautifiers, joy bringers... you cant take them with you, but your mind and energy goes everywhere - even when you die and leave this body... your energy is the one thing you need to look after.

Petalite is bringing parts of you that you have left all over the place, with people and circumstances, memories and emotions back to you so you can be whole. Believe it or not. It works fast as you have felt, and you probably like it fast and not drawn out. I am the same. There are gentler stones that will do the same thing, without breaking your balls, but you dont have the patience. Wink

You dont need to sound enlightened, but you know what enlightened really means... when you can allow you own light to flow... not some positive blah blah blah or monk sitting in a cave. Richard Branson is enlightened. Tony Robbins is enlightened. They shine for all to see, they make others life better, they get up excited to be here, they are full of their own light. Thats what we all want and they shine the way.

Honestly, not what I should be saying, I should be saying here, buy my rocks... but you dont need anymore rocks, especially not the high end stuff. We are all so obsessed wih ascending.. want proof - how many people are getting high? that we forget to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. We get so caught up in the mundane, boring mediocrity of life that we cant see the rose through all the thorns. Life with rose coloured glasses doesnt change anything but how you feel and what you are seeing seems different because of a new slant... the only way out of this place is with new glasses, cause you have to move through this world, not escape it by trying to zip out the roof...I learnt this the hard way too.

Once you find a way of seeing the magic here, in every moment, then you are truly free and life becomes joyous... learning to be like this all the time is called energy management, which is another name for being conscious or not on autopilot. Its hard work, I fall alseep more often than not, back into old patterns... but I now know I have a choice, my only true power - is how I see what I am choosing to not see - autopilot means I dont want to see/feel this so knock me out now! COnsciousness means, there is nothing really happening here, except a story I am telling myself - stay awake and see it differently.

Anyway, enough of my jaded life and banter... sleep time for your fine self. Let me know how you go when you do find a magic bullet - I love happy crystal stories!

Namaste and all the best to you

RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Rebecca..you are SO GOOD. you bring light to this middle aged hippie woman..i loved your explanation. SOmetimes I remeber LUSTING after moldavite when no one had it and all those other things.. Embarassed Razz

Sometimes I wonder that some things do not appear until i was ready for them.. I actually LOVE danburite and find it soo soothing.. and the super 7.. wowo.. even tho i have so many there is this fire that wants more.. the reality is we have all we need within..

(still gonna buy some of them staurolites.) tahnks barbara
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just answered this, but the unvierse didnt like it! Gone, like a puff of smoke...

Thank you Barbara as long as Light is sparked then, its worth my hippie banter!

I found you 2 little crosses as well and a huge pendant too.

RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about this. there is always more to look at and acquire..

Did you sa y a PENDANT with a staurolite..oh lordy.. send me a millionaire.hold those staurolites please and thanks..cannot find mine. think i had a few.. they are kinda cute..take care and thanks..

Esp.. thanks for the Branden burg..wow.. you are very kind..thanks for that and will catch up ..cheers barbara
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Barbara... on hold for you ; )

My pleasure on the Brandberg - my magical favourites!
Take good care!
xb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: