That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi! Just joined your site...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewAgeStones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Hi! Just joined your site... Reply with quote

I was doing some online research recently (trying to figure out how much natural citrine sells for) and stumbled onto your site, and I immediately felt like I was in the company of kindred spirits. I've been collecting rocks and crystals for years, using them in energy healing sessions, and teaching others about them. But now I find myself with a rock business (the Universe threw me a curve on that one - didn't see it coming!) so now I'm networking with folks all around the world talking about stones and trying to learn the business from the ground up. But my real joy is working with kids, teaching them about rocks and minerals, and instilling in them a reverence for how wonderful our mother Earth is. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Great site!
WizardOfTheStone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the world of Crystal Companions.. Reply with quote

Since 2004 I have been not really collecting but enjoying what I have found as well as what has been given to me..

I think first one should realize what if anything has been done to any mineral or crystal. fading, heat treatment are all factors in buying or selling these opening without any knowledge.

One must have an open mind when buying minerals and deal with a reliable seller. I personally find what I need when I need it via the Gem mines or in other words the poor mans way of acquiring crystals and minerals.

Because of this treatments heat or fading of the crystals.. one my not know what your getting.. the simply heat treatment can alter the minerals/crystals appearance thus projecting a false safety net.. One could feel or think it's one type of crystal or mineral when in fact it isn't..

Meaning, that if your looking for Citrine.. The true color is pale to light yellow.. find one dark yellow to almost or even past orange.. then your dealing with a heat treated faded citrine or even a faded amethyst.

Typically the true Citrine is the most desirable because of course it brings in money/wealth. A common citrine or basic citrine approx the size of a half dolor should run anywhere from 1.00 to 4.00 dolors per stone.. The larger stones, nearly pure without inclusions can bring large amounts of money. Approx the size of a child's shoe box,.. can bring 100.00 if not 300.00 dolors.

So lets say you have a buck of citrines all looking to be about the size of the childrens shoe box.. then you may expect to pay 100.00 again this is a 5 gallon bucket without sand or other stones included.

Lets hope this has set some standards for you to think about.. One can view my home page for more details when I write about them. I write because your questions ask me to. Thank you.
NewAgeStones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, anyone in the industry knows that stones are sold by the ton, kilo, pound, ounce, gram, carat, etc. General terms like the size of a shoe box just don't work, LOL!

What I have are many large gunny sacks of rocks from the Congo, still covered with the red clay they were dug from. The natives go up into the mountains and hack these out using primitive tools, then sling the bags over their backs and carry them out of the jungle. There is no other means of transportation there. The Congo is a dangerous country and few buyers are willing to venture there, which is why you don't see much natural citrine from there on the market. Knowing the hardships that the miners go through gives me a great deal of appreciation for what it takes to get these stones to where I can offer them to the public.

It is well known that most citrine on the market today is heat-treated amethyst. These stones are so different from that ... the color runs from pale brown (like ginger ale) to dark brown (like root beer). As with all stones of this nature, price varies according to color, clarity, size, etc. but with these stones I've also noticed that the price is driven by availability (or lack thereof). It's a lot of work to sort them and clean them, but they are such beautiful stones, and I love to see people's eyes light up when they see them for the first time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: