That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do crystals get hot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Why do crystals get hot? Reply with quote

I was asked this question by one of my customer, who said some are hotter than her body temperature.

I gave 2 possible reasons and thought Id see what you all had to say.

I feel it has to do with energy transferal. Some crystals, depending on what they are, say quartz for example is activated by touch and your energy gets them going and they create a new energy and they get hot as they release it. The heat, some say is 'healing energy' if you place the crystal once activated onto a sore part of your body it can soothe, release/disspate or transform the pain held there. It is a sign you are exchanging energy with your crystals.

It can also be the crystal is taking on the stuff you no longer need and as it does it heats up, as the pressure builds it gets hotter... so it could go either way. If you feel lighter at the end, generally the crystal has absorbed something you dont need or the burden you were carrying, if you feel empowered then it was an exchange.

Any one esle have experiences to share?

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
Desrheada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fabulous topic, Bec! Very Happy
Hot Rocks...There are a couple of ways I see how a crystal may be suited either at a particular time or to a particular person:
I do the "heat test" to see if a particular crystal resonates with me or someone else. I bought a red tiger eye sphere for my husband (who calls my crystals "bundees" and is not someone who sees or feels the magic of crystals).
He loved this sphere on sight, (a highly unusual occurrence in itself), so I bought it for him, although I merely thought it "pretty". When Ken holds it, it gets hot (!!!) within seconds of him holding it, yet when I hold it...nothing, even after 10-15 minutes, it remains stone cold.
On the other hand when I hold one of my own crystals, which I know resonates with me, and it doesn't get as hot for a change, I know that its particular energies and healing powers are not what I need at that point in time.
I believe that heat is one way of the crystal expressing energy output which is activated by either the holder's synchronicity with that crystal OR the holder's need for its particular healing energies at that time. Idea (Perhpas not dissimilar to a Reiki Healer's hands getting hot when healing energy is being transferred to the client at the site of an injury, for example).
If you then use the crystal to draw out pain, for example, when using a Sugilite for a headache, an energy transfer takes place.
If one is feeling lethargic and does a body layout with Harlequins, they will simply energize one with their quality of stimulating energy flow. (Works a treat, by the way).
I love just holding one of my "hot crystals" when doing everyday stuff.
ajacrystal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: crystal heat Reply with quote

yeah i have fund it is a resonance thing too. a crystal will buzz if i am meant to have it/work with it. my hands get hot before any psychic work or healing work anyway and so when a crystal gets hot i take it as read that it can be used for healing.
i use them on myself, not on other people.
maybe it is an energy exchange too. for me, it is the clue to use it. when it gets cold, the work is done for that session (that's the same in healing or psi-reading sessions too i have found).
ajacrystal.
Lady_Snake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago, like about 10 years, i was suffering from an extreme headache. I'd tried panadeine which had done nothing. My boyfriend at the time was almost ready to take me up to the hospital. I was throwing up with the pain. But no visual disturbances that typically come with a migraine.
Anyway, i went to lie down and try and rest in a dark room. he figured for what it was worth he'd cleanse his huge amethyst cluster and give it to me to hold.

He came in maybe half an hour later and i was sound asleep. He went to move the amethyst from beside my hand and it was so hot he couldn't hold it with bare hands. I think he needed a cloth to move it.

Anyways, the next day i was headache free but very drained. Took myself off to the dr who told me that it was just a tension headache. Without any visual cues he wouldn't say migraine. put me on to nurofen in future if i had the same headache again. Later that day i again was hit with a brewing headache. i went and lay down with the amethyst again and the headache left without any drug therapy.

I had never used crystals in this way before this, and didn't even know that they could be.

I wish so much that these days i could give myself the time to lie down with some amethyst when a headache hits but to many times it's a matter of take something and get on with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: