That Crystal Site Forum Index That Crystal Site
A community empowered by the energy of crystal and minerals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to the crystal world
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: new to the crystal world Reply with quote

Very Happy can anyone help me, with something...i have colected a few crystals and am very new to all this...i love the look of all my crystals ..but don`t seem to get any feelings from them as i have read about so much.
I need to clean them i think , but also where do i keep them ...is it best to put them away or have them all out...at the moment i have them in a boul in my lounge. Question [/b]
RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Hi Susan Reply with quote

I joined this last week and love learning as i go.
There are quite a few ways of cleansing crystals..but you have to be careful.(some fragile ones like desert rose a form of selenite can melt if you rinse with water) some will fade in sunlight if left for too long.

I use water (we are on rain water tanks) for most of mine. I use breathe with the intention of cleansing. sometimes i use the singing bowl or tibetan bells.. a few hours in the sun. or during full and new moons..

My crystals are all over the house because i have collected for years.
It took me awhile to feel the energy in my hands.. I do Reiki and finally after 8 years I could sense like a magnet type e nergy.. a push and pull.. but some people feel energy straight away.. we are all different..Its fun to just "play" and see what you are intuitively drawn to.. there are some great people who will add some more info i am sure.. best wishes and enjoy.. barbara
susan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there Very Happy Is it okay to have my small stones just in a boul in the lounge or to keep them away somewhere...if they are out just in a boul i would need to clean them more often is that right Question And would they not be to powerful if all out at the same time.
I have heard that you can clease your crystals with brown rice..and heard someone say that they kept there`s in the rice...any advice on these subjects. Thanks Susan
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Feeling Crystals Reply with quote

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the world of crystals and the amazing gifts that Nature creates Exclamation

There is actually a topic in the forum on crystal cleansing and lots of great information and different ways to get them firing on all cylinders.

I have crystals everywhere, which is the best way to let their energies out and about, just clean them regularly (say each full moon) and they will be fine. Once they start collecting dust, they are no longer helping you and need a recharge!! So having them in a bowl is fine and you can choose which ones you want to keep on you for the day. I keep certain crystals packed away, like my crystal ball for scrying, certain ones that darken or fade in the light, or those that are fragile (my children are faster than I am).

As for feeling a crystal, try this 1st. Take your hands and face them to each other (like you are going to clap) move them together so they arent quite touching and out about 10cms. Go back and forth until you can feel a pull between your hands, you can extend your hands further once you get a sense of a pull. This is a simple way to feel energy.

With crystals, I find it easiest to put them out in front of you and then close your eyes and take your hand about 5 or 10 cms above them and hover it over them, moving your hand back and forth until you feel a similar pull... then you have felt a crystals energy.

Try holding a crystal in your non-dominant hand and closing your eyes, relax and just breath in and out for a few minutes... You might feel something, you might not... you might find you hear words, sounds, get smells, see images or colours, feel things within your chakras or body, possibly emotions... what you might receive is as wide and varied as is the universe, but the messages - if you pay attention to them will help you relate to each crystal.

Not everybody feels crystals, so dont worry that you aren't feeling them at this time. Thinking of it as meeting new people, some you connect with right away, with some it takes time to get to know them, with others - they will always just be acquantances and others you might never like - but still you know them and what you dont like. So give yourself some time, to relate to them, just admire their colour, form, clarity, inclusions etc thats just as good as closing your eyes and connecting with them and enjoy them!!

I hope this helps

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
TCS
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Rice and Rocks Reply with quote

Hi Susan...

Its me again! Rice is a great way to keep your crystals a) protected form rolling around and banging into each other and b) energetically clean.

All my stones that we used to take to the markets are in rice, the rice cleans them I find so with everyone touching them they were always nice and energetically clear... and people always commented on the quality of my crystals, partly to do with the grade of crystals I buy, but a lot to do with the fact that you only get the stones energy.

So rice in a bowl, with all your crystal friends is a perfect way to keep them... it looks good too Exclamation

Have a beautiful day

Come join us Crystal Lovers at www.thatcrystalsite.ning.com
Divine Crystal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to collecting Crystals as well, and I've got to say I'm getting quite addicted Laughing there are so many lovely crystals out there, my first one was an Ametrine Sphere it's gorgeous and an Chevron Amethyst, a Selenite Egg Lapis Lazuli Egg, a Fluorite Sphere, Pietersite, Rose Quartz, Smoky Quartz,and Charoite, I'd like to get some Lavender Quartz as well.
I have purchased the Crystal Bible and another book on Crystals and finding them really interesting reading all about the various uses of each stone. Very Happy

Mother Natures Little Wonders
susan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI LORRAINE Razz
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INTO CRYSTALS FOR ? YOU HAVE COLLECTED A FEW PRETTY QUICKLY...THAT CRYSTAL BIBLE IS JUST GREAT.
I HAVE BEEN INTO CRYSTALS SINCE CHRISTMAS...I BOUGHT A FEW E-BAY AND MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME AN AMATHYST CLUSTER FOR CHRISTMAS...AND I HAVE BEEN BUYING EVER SICE WHEN I CAN.
MY FAVOURITE IS CITRINE I WEAT IT EVERYDAY..AND I LOVE MY SUGALITE.
IT IS REALY GOOD THIS WEB PAGE..I LIKE TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO OTHERS ABOUT CRYSTALS ALL MY FRIENDS THINK I AM MAD.
I HAVE JUST RECIEVED A FEW CRYSTALS THAT I ORDERED ON THIS SITE...THEY ARRIVED THIS MORNING SO I NEED TO GO AND MAKE MYSELF KNOWN TO THEM.
ENJOY YOURS SUSAN Very Happy
Divine Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Susan, I've only started buying stones maybe 2 months ago mainly off Ebay where I have developed a really nice relationship with the seller who lives in W.A Aeve is lovely and very helpful.

I have been interested for many years as my engagement ring is a smoky quartz and that is 30 years old, when I was 19 I never liked diamonds that much but I fell in love with smoky quartz, and Tigers eye is another big favourite I have had pendants and earrings for years.

Recent years I have added bracelets of Onyx, Tigers Eye, Rose Quartz to my collection and only yesterday purchased a clear quartz pendulum.
Yep I'd say I'm becoming addicted Wink but what a nice addiction hey. Very Happy

BTW my family think I'm a screw or two loose Confused they can't understand why I get so much enjoyment from the crystals. Laughing so this website is great to have a chat with other people who share our interest.

RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Crystals crystals and more Reply with quote

Hi Lorraine and Susan.
I too have loved and been attracted to rocks for years.. have built up quite a collection.. you will too..happens fast.. i would rather buy rocks then grocery shop.. but you have to eat..

I have been working with seraphinite and sugalite..they are wonderful to meditate with..supposed to be a angel connection there.
To be grounded I too likethe tiger's eye and tiger iron..There are some amazing ones found all the time.. have fun.. I have had my big ones outside getting sunshine and rain last 2 days.. they seem to sparkle better. (clear quatrz only as others can fade in sun) clusters and generators and free forms... they add a nice touch to the house. cheers and happy collecting. barbara
susan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I am really new to crystals and keep learning more all the time..just hearing things people say on this web site....then i will hear about a stone i have never heard of..you menstioned one SERAPHINE...so i will now go and look it up and see what that one is all about. i have a sugalite and love it, i am still trying to feel there energys, i have one or two that i get a good feeling from...but i hear some people say, i use blar with blar and get a real buzz, so i try it and nothing. It will come i know!

I am in WA and we are not getting to much sun at the moment..so i am waiting for the full moon......is rain water good for our little gems Question
I have not tried meditation yet...i want too sometime.
Well bye for now Susan Laughing
Divine Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Susan, I didn't realise just how many different crystals there are out there Confused so much to learn, I'm looking forward to be able to contribute more as I get more knowledgeable about them. Wink

susan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hear people say that they get a great buzz of this and that..but then i try those stones and get nothing...it`s a bit disapointing sometimes.
I heard that morganite and ryodizite give such a buzz and makes your hair stand on edge..did not for me.....what am i missing?
I know it takes time to attune to your stones...but i am impatiant.
Any help with this one ?
Susan Exclamation
RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hi Susan, dont give up.. it takes time and we are all different. some people will feel an energy and some dont..meditating with them is good..I remember learning reiki and it took me some time to feel the energy...sometimes the easiest way is with those hematite magnets.you feel the pull when you separate them..thats what i get on a softer level..keep with it. cheers barbara...
chocs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: dont worry... Reply with quote

Hi Susan
good to see you are exploring the stones...
I am new to this too,,,,and impatient as well!
From my experience, you have to let go a bit???
Its like waiting for a kettle to boil. you watch it, it take ages...
I have found that i can read about a stone, its qualities etc...
particularly at bed time, when you have time to take it easy..
Take the stone in your hand and then the other hand..
dont look for anything in particular, just be aware the stone is in your hand...breathe normally, just enjoy the rest while you are holding your stone..This may help.....Are you trying to assist with an illness or ailment?
I think we are looking for the instant reaction???
Dont know if its meant to be that obvious??
Just take it easy, it doesnt take long for the stones to give you a signal of some description...it may not be a big bang on the head like we were thinking or expecting..it will be subtle and gentle..
How careful would you be picking up an ant?
gentle, gentle...it will come...
close your eyes, relax, the stone will do the rest..

Hope this might help a little, we are all different as are the stones...
take it easy
chocs Cool
RainbowCrystal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great description Chocs.. I like it..Sometimes for me it may be a visual attraction.. Noticing a rainbow esp in quartzes. sometimes little shapes will appear in rock faces.. the way malachite has waves and patterns.. For me the visual patterns may be soothing and the feel of the crystal may have a definite vibe to it..Have found that mookite has a smoothness (touchstones) that others do not have.. interesting..happy crystal journeying.. cheers barbara
Post new topic   Reply to topic    That Crystal Site Forum Index -> Crystals and minerals discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: